Friday, August 24, 2012

My Name

My name is Woodrow. I have been called Woodie my whole life. I am named after my grandfather on my mother's side. I only ever had the chance to meet Grandpa Woodrow when I was little, so I don't really know too much about him. He was a loving man however, and I am proud to bear his name. My experience with name has been one filled with much negativity, but over the years I have embraced it as different and unique. Imagine if you will, being named Woodie in middle-school. It was as bad as you are probably thinking. Not only was my name different, but my name also meant something middle-schoolers thought was funny. Over the years I learned to smile and laugh along with people who had a problem with my name, and they quickly stopped making fun of me. Maybe when I was younger I would have liked a different name, but as for today, I wouldn't change it for any other name.

No comments:

Post a Comment