Friday, October 19, 2012

Sociocultural Aspects of Schooling for ELs

In my two classes I co-teach, there are only two ELL students and a few more that have passed the CELDT test and are done. For the student I have in mind, I will try to get him more involved with his peers, because he is very shy and does not like to socialize. I feel this is because he has scored lowest on his speaking section and he is a bit embarrassed of his speaking abilities, but as I have observed my other students don't tease him or shun him because of this. He would fit in just fine, and by allowing my class to work in groups more, he will be able to learn this himself and become more social while in my classroom. This will provide him more chances to speak with native English speakers and perhaps improve on his speaking abilities through simple social interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment